Team coaching is a dynamic and robust process for groups of 15 and less, and builds from the executive coaching process in an individual and group format.
Task benefits can include:
- creating vision, mission and value statements
- defining committee mandates, clarifying roles and responsibilities
- problem solving, decision-making and action-planning
- assuring decision buy-in and follow-through
Process benefits can include:
- developing a sustainable consensus process
- enhancing trust and respectful communication
- supporting collaboration and innovation
- fostering organizational leadership capacity
This process works best when the coach works with an organizational sponsor to select a coaching focus, coaches each individual team member around that topic, and then supports the entire team to co-create an emergent, collaborative and innovative coaching engagement to respond to the coaching focus.
As with executive coaching we can use the EQ-i 2.0 individually, then aggregate the individual assessments into the Group Report to consider how the overall emotional intelligence characteristics support team effectiveness.